Friday, March 13, 2009

Hiking


I love hiking as long as I have something to look at during the hike, something interesting, not just trees and grass and shrubs. I like to look at mountains, waterfalls, lakes, etc.

I have been the Yellowstone NP guidebook and all the day hikes they have within the park. They have many beautiful hikes with lots of stuff to see. How does this one sound?

"Tucked away in the northwest corner of the Midway Geyser Basin, 197 ft Fairy Falls receives relatively few visitors, even though it's only a short jaunt from Old Faithful. Beyond Fairy Falls the lollilop loop trail continues to a hidden thermal area at the base of the Twin Buttes, to conspicuous bald hills severly charred in the 1988 fires. The geysers are undeveloped, and you're likely to have them to yourself - in stark contrast to the throngs around Grand Prismatic Spring."

Don't you want to go there? I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment