Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Is That Snow??













"Is that snow?" My husband pointed to white stuff floating down.

"Ick, yeah. . . but it's July. Why is it snowing in July?"

Being ever curious, I had to ask a native. I leaned over to the girl working the cash register. "Does it normally snow in July around here?"

Without blinking, she looked me square in the face and said, "Yes."

My mouth dropped and she continued, "It snows about once a month, even in the summer."

So, snow in Banff in July was not unusual.

But I was still cold and getting wetter by the minute.

We were on top of Sulphur Mountain. We rode the gondolas up and were enjoying and fabulous view of the valley below us.

Enjoy the pictures of the cloudy, snowy, rainy day.

We also had to soak in the Upper Hot Springs. Banff was founded because of the natural hot springs coming from the moutains. The Upper Hot Springs uses those natural hot springs to creat a giant hot tub for people to use. The water was wonderful. . . and hot. . .

Our day also consisted of just walking around the town ringed by moutains. The shops were chosen with the tourist in mind. There was all kinds of souvenirs, clothes, and other assorted junk available to buy. We found two grocery stores and a drug store.

We went to the Bow River Falls. . . . and took more pictures of falls. . . do you think I like water?

I also included in this post a few more pictures of our chalet that we are staying in for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment