Friday, July 24, 2009

Wall Drug













Go

I don't care what other people have said, but you really should go see Wall Drug in Wall, South Dakota.

I am impressed that a small business man can transform his store from "corner drug store" to tourist attraction and still be appealing.

I found the whole enterprise kitshy, fun, and entertaining. . . and, yes, I had free ice water and hubby got 5 cent coffee.

We bought souvenirs and spent money at this slice of rural/cowboy Americana establishment. And had fun. . . did I mention fun?

It was goofy, but cool.

The store is more like a department store with many different building copped together. Each department has a different focus, like western hats, or candy, or children's toys, or the cafe, or the kids play area, or even. . . (gotta love american ingenuity) a place to pan for gold.

Enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment